Day 5: Chile Con Carnival

One of the more interesting (which admittedly isn't saying an awful lot) days of the World Cup so far resulted in the first major shock of the tournament: the Guardian's minute-by-minute commentary published one of my emails, showcasing a carefully manicured high-brow wit befitting of the lefty rag. And I mentioned Kraftwerk - 10 automatic cool points please.

Oh, and in other news some unfancied Mediterraneans lost to the those gold-hoarding snoots who always refuse to take sides. Was that xenophobic? I must dig out my England flag...

On the subject of England, apparently Carragher is set to reprise his role of committing reckless fouls and panting away at the backside of mid-paced strikers as they comprehensively leave him for dead. Meanwhile, Ledley King will be left for dead in the treatment room in Rustenburg whilst the whole squad (and entourage of sniggering physios) decamp to Cape Town.

In reference to my puntastic blog post title, I suppose I had best mention that Chile won 1-0 against Honduras. Bad news for the hosts though, they got mercilessly disptached 3-0 by those wily Uruguayans, who somebody has thankfully drawn in the office sweepstakes. I knew they'd come good. 

By way of musical accompaniment to today's post, here it some trendy sounding Ingerlund blather from quite possible the dorkiest 'rapper' I've ever seen. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment