Day 4: The Indomitable Lions, er, dominated

Thanks to draconian work rules and an 'external audit' I couldn't care less about, I couldn't even listen to, let alone watch, any of today's games. Which has the unfortunate corollary of rather stifling my supply of barbed witticisms for this evening's post. And yes, for those who haven't been paying attention, my previous posts have been laced with barbed witticisms (not to be confused with Barbara Windsorisms).

Even more demoralising was the rather pitiful display by my traditional second World Cup team, (the) Cameroon, who displayed the hackneyed traits of "naive", "inept" defending, "calamity" goalkeeping and a good dash of "haphazard" disharmony within the ranks. Still, they remain the team who constructed my favourite World Cup moment ever - this reckless display of willful savagery from 1990:

No comments:

Post a Comment